Why did you start this blog?
- Our friends actually inspired us to create this blog. We had a housewarming party where we would point out all of the amazing items we found at thrift shops. They were not only shocked at the fact that we found such beautiful home decor there, but they were also amazed at how lovely it looked in our home.
How often do you post new blog content?
- We post new content every Tuesday and Friday mornings. Make sure to follow our blog, they will notify you once new content has been published.
What are your favorite thrift stores and why?
- Cindy: Oh that is a tough one. I think it is a tie between Boomerangs in West Roxbury, MA and Goodwill in Somerville, MA. The reason I picked those two is due to having a lot of great character and always being able to find something unexpected/amazing/ yes I am taking it home.
What advice would you give new thrift store shoppers?
- Always keep an open mind! There will be bowls, plates, candle holders, etc that might need a bit more washing compared to a new item stored in a brand new box. However, these items have the potential to not only be very affordable but can also look expensive and chic. You may find pumpkin mugs that are in fantastic shape, you may find plates that will need a bit more washing. Remember, always keep in mind the opportunity that item can bring to your home and a lot of thrift shops exist in order to support great causes!
What makes your blog different compared to others?
- Honestly, it is the dynamic that Jeff and I bring to this blog. It is very apparent in the items we purchase in thrifts stores, along with the writing style displayed in our blog posts. If it wasn’t for Jeff our home would look like every other home (think beautiful rustic country farmhouse) and believe me, there is definitely nothing wrong with that. Honestly, I am still striving for that rustic chic goals! However he is the main reason why our house is so unique in an amazing way! As we continue on with our blog posts, you will definitely see all of the cute house decor placed throughout the house but wait until you read how/why books are placed in various parts in our apartment. You will not only learn so much through his posts but it will motivate you to read more!