Welcome to our fifth Thanksgiving related posts and cannot believe we are just a couple of days away from the main event! Remember, it is okay to feel excited, hungry, nervous, unorganized, or all of the above. The goal should always be to enjoy the moment with loved one and if you still feel unprepared, then we are here to help! So far we have reviewed the following:
- delicious cornbread stuffing
- fancy and simple apple tart
- savory brussels sprouts
- stylish table decor ideas
Today we will be using one essential kitchen tool, the crock pot! We had a couple of cans of cherry pie filling and found this simple cherry cobbler recipe on Tasty. Like in our prior food related Thanksgiving posts, we will provide the ingredients and directions below BUT with our own twist.
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- 1 box cake mix
3/4 cup coconut oil
vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Add the cherry pie filling, cake mix, and coconut oil to your slow cooker.
- Either cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Server a la mode with vanilla ice cream or your favorite whipped cream.
- Enjoy with friends and/or family!